Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

Lessons from Osama and Obama

I'm not terribly political. I tend to keep up just enough to annoy my conservative friends. ;-D It has been interesting to hear what my students have to say about the death of Osama Bin Laden. Most of them do not remember the events of 9-11 as the oldest ones are in 8th grade. They've read about it, watched a video or seen this or that in class, but they didn't EXPERIENCE it.

So, what I've heard today is an interesting combination of what they are thinking and what they've heard their parents or others say. Some kind hearted students are almost vicious in their response to the event and other more outgoing, aggressive students are concerned that this will mean retaliation by terrorists. Its a lesson to me to make sure that I'm not passing my prejudice and my ignorance onto my children.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment