Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

The New Year, The Old Me

Well, the new year is here and after a few weeks of it I find myself slipping into old habits.  Although I've rejoined Weight Watchers (and am down a couple of pounds) I'm not making good food choices.  As a diabetic there are only so much my medicine can do.  I MUST make good food choices and move more.  *sigh*  I'm just not where I want to be.

My spiritual walk is also weaving and wavering eventhough I've led two young ladies to the Lord this month.  I really had very little to do with it.  I just happened to be the trusted adult they wanted to talk to. :-)

I don't know.  Really?  My life is frickin' FABULOUS.  Seriously.  Two great kids, a husband I adore, a job I love, a supportive church family, a comfortable home.  So why do I sound so...well...whiny?

I find myself slipping into the old way of thinking.  You know.  Doubting.  Wondering.  Playing out horrible fictitious tragedies in my mind.  Why do people do that?  I think that perhaps thinking is much like learning a language.  Once you've learned to communicate with one type of language it takes practice (and patience!) to fluently use another one.  Once you've learned to think about things a certain way its hard to think about them in any other way. 

*shrugging*

Thinking about thinking can be pretty exhausting.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment