Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

My Antique French Chair

Remember this beautiful photo of my niece in my old chair. I just knew this would be a great photo and was so glad I had the groom's men take it outside and place it in the pasture field. After the wedding I took out my newly purchased "natural linen " to take it to the upholstery . . . but somehow it just did not feel like the right thing to do.




So I went on the hunt for a different fabric, one as close to the original as I could find. This is what I came up with, not silk, but the same color and feel as the old fabric. Everyone except Vanna that I talked to about covering my chair thought natural linen was the way to go and maybe it would have been. But somehow I always swim upstream if the rest are going down . . .



This is the BEFORE , it was so dirty and worn. I could have learned to love the worn, but not the dirty. So what do you think? I really love it all fresh and clean without looking like a completely different chair. Always follow your heart when it comes to your own castle.





{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment