Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

"My" Top Ten Design Elements

If you have not been to "Cote de' Texas" http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/ in the last day or so, go by soon and check out her newest post, " Top Ten Design Elements", it is fabulous ! I know to copy Joni's post is blogger's suicide, but I am doing it anyway and hoping others will join me . . . how much fun would it be to see every one's personal list of top ten design elements. How many of us would compile the same list? I would be interested in finding out.
#1 on my list would have to be the "Bones of a Space". I think , though not impossible, it's hard to have a great space without "good bones". How much interest can a white box have, really? I know that these things really make ones budget go way up, but remember you can add things slowly. You don't have to start with everything the day you move into a house. Layer as you can afford, change is always exciting, at least to me.

Without the wood and the painted brick, what would this space be? Just would not have the same charm, would it?


Elements like built-in bookshelves add so much to a room. Think about you own castle, look around, what could you add?



I think I will continue with my own list. And I hope to read yours as well. If you want to play with me , please link to this post and be sure to let me know. I can't wait to see what everyone has on their "own" list.




{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment