Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

"My" Top Ten Elements of Design # 2


#2 : Element of Surprise * When a space has a "Element of Surprise", there will always be something of interest in the room . . . something to talk about! For my very simple 80's house to have a copper vessel sink, on a concrete top, is always surprising to everyone that enters. They always come out of the bathroom with something to say about it.


But your element of surprise does not have to be a "show stopper", an antique high chair used as a night stand can work as well.

In my family room, it's the art . . . to have a self Portrait on the wall is always a surprise. I also get alot of comments on the painting that my husband did for me on my 16th birthday. Yes, all "Elements of Surprise".


In my guest room, it's the stairs used as a nightstand with the photo of my grandparents, that's her wedding ring and watch too. Something to talk about, people want it, so give it to them.



I know this will come as a surprise to all of my loyal followers . . . I am always so careful not to show the line of deer heads that tower over my living room. There's 5 of them, and I fought hard NOT have this little surprise in my home, but lost that fight . I am so glad that they are not as taboo as they once were. I admit I have gotten used to them and they don't even bother me anymore. Always a topic of conversation, and to see the big smile on my honey's face . . . priceless ! So tell me, what are you surprising your guest with?




{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment