Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

Kitchens

The Kitchen is often called the "Heart of the Home." For most families, this is the place we do most of our living and our entertaining. This is the place that will sell a home, or keep the buyers away. Therefore it is very important to keep your kitchen "updated", know what the trends are for this space. Right now open shelves and baskets are popular.


Some are shying away from upper cabinets, letting more sunshine in with larger windows. I love the way this looks, but as I continue to grow older, getting things out from lower cabinets is harder everyday. I wonder if this trend will last . . .

Often you will find that the island is a different color from the rest of the cabinets . Yes, the kitchen of today's home is the star player in the entire house. No longer is the cook stuck in a corner by themselves. We now have open floor plans with the kitchen as a focal .


I have heard that the popular "white" kitchen is going out. . . I don't know about that, it seems everyone considers a white kitchen a " classic ," time will tell . . .



I have always favored a galley style kitchen for ease of use. I love this one with it's wood floors and simple design. What kind of kitchen do you prefer? Where do you think design is going for this most important space?



{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment