Popular Post

Powered by Blogger.

Adsense

Old Book Collections

Recently I got a new design book with the most beautiful bookcases, filled with old leather book collections. The books were old and worn, the colors were perfect. They were works of art, and they were awesome . I looked at my own bookcase in my family room and thought about creating a similar look for myself. But what does one do with their "real " books? I love my books and look at them often. I know the books in this photo were very much planned and placed . . . this did not just happen.




I love the look of the old worn leather books and I do use them . I placed two in my foyer to add a bit of height to my plate holder. But would I enjoy a whole bookcase of non-functional books . . . I wonder.




I put two antique books in my guest room. I think they add lots of soul to the space. But no one is going to look at them, not inside anyway.






Notice that I brought the color black from the old box down to the middle shelf with the two black books. But in the lowest shelf are books that I read and look at over and over, getting ideals for clients ect. So I am not sure I would want to make art out of my bookcase regradless of how lovely it looked.



When using books to add height and interest, I do think about color and size and most of the time I remove the covers as well. What are your thoughts on the old antique books? Would you enjoy a bookcase turned to art? Great to look at , but non-functional . . . I would love to know.
























































{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment